Should you apply for a refund advance from your tax preparer?

For many Americans, that tax refund is their biggest cash windfall of the year. File electronically and choose direct deposit and you should get your refund in about 21 days, the IRS says. Some people can’t wait that long; they have bills to pay — now. Many low- or moderate-income taxpayers who claim the earned income tax credit or the additional child tax credit, may not see that money until the end of the month or early March. A refund advance from one of the major tax preparation companies can provide you some of that refund money in a day or two. These short-term loans, ranging from about $200 to $7,000, bridge the gap between filing your return and getting your refund. Read more here >>>

thumbnail courtesy of


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here